Cherry Tomatoes Tart
If you want to take full advantage of the tomatoes in their peak season, try this recipe from the MagicTeam, you won't be disappointed!
Ingredients for a 24cm diameter tart :
250gr of GRTA cherry tomatoes
1 shortcrust pastry
In addition, what you will need :
1 garlic clove
3 tbsp olive oil
6 tbsp balsamic vinegar
salt and pepper
1. Cut the cherry tomatoes in half and salt them, stir gently and leave to drain for 30 minutes in a bowl.
2. Collect the juice they have released and set aside.
3. Oil the bottom of a pie dish, arrange the tomatoes cut face down and season (for example with oregano, Herbes de Provence or simply salt and pepper).
4. Cover the tomatoes with the spread shortcrust pastry. Poke a hole in the middle of the dough to create a steam outlet.
5. Bake in a ventilated oven at 180° C for 30 minutes. Check the cooking from time to time. If the pastry browns too quickly, you can cover it with aluminum foil for a few minutes.
6. Remove the dish from the oven and let cool for 15 minutes. Quickly flip over the pie on a clean plate.
7. Collect the cooking juice from the bottom of the pan, mix it with the tomato juice collected in point 2, a minced clove of garlic, 2 tbsp of olive oil and 6 tbsp of balsamic vinegar. Reduce over low heat until syrupy.
8. Coat the tomatoes with the hot syrup.
9. Serve hot or warm, with a green salad on the side for example.
It's ready !
The MagicTip: cary the flavors according to your taste, you can add cheese, aromatic herbs, onion, garlic, etc. Let your imagination run wild.
If you try this recipe, let us know how you found it, the MagicTeam will be happy to read your feedback!