about the recipe
Discover this specialty from Aargau
For 6 people this recipe contains:
210 g grated carrots
175 g cane sugar
175 g flour
125 ml vegetable oil
1 teaspoon baking powder
the juice of one lemon
What you will need in addition:
1 pinch of salt
¾ teaspoon nutmeg
1.5 teaspoon of cinnamon
A salad bowl
An ovenproof cake pan
- Wash and grate the carrots.
- Whisk the eggs and cane sugar until they are foamy and pale yellow. When you crush the mixture between your fingers, you should no longer feel any large grains of sugar.
- Stir in the nutmeg, cinnamon, and oil. Add the flour.
- Add the baking powder and pour the juice of one lemon over it to activate it.
- Gently add the grated carrots until the dough is smooth.
- Oil and flour a cake pan or a 20-22 cm diameter pan and pour the mixture into it.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 175°C for 30 to 40 minutes. The cake is cooked when the blade of a knife comes out clean.
- Let cool and sprinkle with powdered sugar, if desired.
MagicTip: For an even more delicious cake, add a handful of chopped nuts and/or prepare a cream cheese frosting for the top of the cake.
Allergens: contains gluten, eggs and carrots.
5 products in this Recipe